Thursday 19 April 2012

Girls Girls Girls



Since I find boys in shirts so dapper and attractive along with a many array of garments and accessories I thought why not do the female version. After all it's always good to have a balance ain't it? Okay, so there are many different shapes and styles that people usually go with when dressing themselves. However I think I'm just going to hit you with what I believe to be some very simplistic wardrobe essentials that seem to work on alot of lady-women around town. Now I know in my boy post (here) I adressed a limited amount of the male population, however with the ladies I'm just going to be a little more vague, as I know how we all are with our personal opinions!

1. A white cotton shirt - Seriously this is such a simple item, and so easy to find. I would also recommened linen as it's a brethable fabric and you could wear it large with skinny's or bare it up and wear it as a dress with naked legs... You choose.
2. An over sized T-shirt - Bit of a cliche, however I do believe they look rather rad on girls and they are so versitile. Even if it's only one for sleeping in! I just think they're mighty fine!
3. An ugly jumper - Lets face it we all need one. Okay maybe not ugly per say, but just something that's very eccentric and has some kind of phsychedelic pattern on it. I think it really helps bring out your kooky side.
4. A white summer dress - Aah, so girly and free. Try to make sure it's no too see through, however a white cotton dress with a trimming of brodais anglais is an all timer. I don't think it would ever go out of style.
5. An LBD - Come on. We all need one... And with this it's great, because you can go down a gothic route, an art deco type route, with neat finishes or a classic route, a bit like Audrey Hepburn.
6. A maxi skirt/dress - It's great experimenting with different lengths and fabrics and I think maxi's suit all heights.
7. A hat - This goes for the boys aswell.  A hat is a definate. There are so many different styles of hat out there and odds are that some kind of hat will suit any of you! Wether it be a fedora, bowler, top, beanie, bobble or wide brim. There are so many and aslong as you pick the styles that match your fashion sense then there is a high percentage chance that they will look good on you. So try and experiment and add some diversity to your everyday outfit! Also, they are fab for when your hair has one of those wierd 'woohoo' days...
8. That 'something vintage' - Now I know many, if not over half the population of ladies would snarl and turn their noses up at vinatge! However with all of this new 'trendy modern fashion' that we all seem to be dripping in, we forget about all the lovely clothes and accessories that were made in the past. Even if it's a necklace or a bag from an era other than your own I do think vintage is really effective and you can be sure that no-one else around you has the same.  Which is nice, because we all need a little individuality somewhere!
9. Espadrilles - Mmm. I do love the things. Just so summery and fantastic for hazy summer morning walks or shopping trips. Just good for something to slip on you know? If not Espadrilles then why not pump it and get a pair of little canvas pumps and remove the laces? (This way it's easy access and can look quite rad when right!)
10. Lace - Lets face it. We can't always be dressed in black and grunge, we need to have a little bit of femininity about our wardrobes. Which is why something in lace is brilliant! Black, white, pink, grey, anything will do ladies. Just lace it up! For texture and delicacy.
11. A sheer shirt - They're flowy, graceful and can be dressed up or down. Couldn't get any better really!
12. That statement jacket - Leather, denim, tweed, skin. It's all wonderful. We have so many different varieties and it's good not to be freezin' our tits off in the winter when have late night shopping. So be smart and snappy about it and get a jacket! Personally I love fur, babour and denim. They all appeal to me! So go look for that jacket that makes people think of you!
13. Your boyfriends... - Doesn't even have to be your boyfriends! But adding a little snippet of masculinity into your wardrobe in endearing and gives your clothes more of an edge. So t-shirts, jumpers, jackets, shoes. Just grab anything from your male friends. They won't care. Doubt they'll even notice!
14. Floral - Now I'm not saying go into Cath Kiddy's and buy everything in floral, whether it be bag, pencil case, dress or oven mitton. Just saying that florals are very beautiful. And when dressed right, can look very charming. I think shirts in floral look rather lovely, and skirts aswell! Just try and add more depth to it. So test out with different fabrics, heavy fabrics and florals can add a real contrast, visa versa!


These are what I think the bare bare minimum should be seen in a ladies wardrobe. I could have added so much more, however because of how anal I am, I must have fourteen points! Much like Woodrow Wilson did (just something I learnt in history, heh!)...









1 comment:

  1. ah i love this claudia! its very true, i might have to invest in a few things so i can have the full claudia essentials ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your banter! I look forward to reading it!


Piece done by Amy Ross