Friday 30 November 2012

I Will Hurt You


Woop. I have bought myself the Crystal Castles (III) vinyl and I must say that vinyl is so much better than digital, sound wise. Even the highest pitches in the songs achieved levels that computers could not even match. I have listened to the LP around two or three times in about four hours! It's been great company to the beginning of my four day weekend. My absolute favourite song on the entire LP, and at the moment ever for the Crystal Castles, is 'Child I Will Hurt You', I seriously felt so emotional listening to it. The lullaby sound is an amazing juxtapose to the dark lyrics:

Keep them locked away
Reduce them to strays
Clean their cuts and scrapes

Mercy we abstain
Hope you’re entertained
Snow covers the stain

Forray forever

Taught them with solace
They know a soft caress
To lower your defense

Hide all that you could
Done for the greater good
It’s later understood

Forray forever
 
Not only that, but it was also one of the few songs on this LP which was not remixed, giving it a slightly raw form. Listen to the song and get a feel of what I experienced when listening to it:
 
Child I Will Hurt You - Crystal Castles
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your banter! I look forward to reading it!


Piece done by Amy Ross