Thursday 29 November 2012

(III)

Crystal Castles (III) - Crystal Castles


Holy shit! New Crystal Castles album has been released and what a beauty! I haven't bought it yet, but I am sure going to! And definately the vinyl after Christmas, or before depending on financial situations. I have a preview of it on Itunes and I began getting really emotional listening to the songs, as they are not the usual head-fuck-crazy-strobe tunes which featured on Crystal Castles (II) however you do get the occasional head bangin' track on there. Their new album had a “strictly no computers” rule in the studio and they began recording everything directly to tape, which I think it incred and has created really raw pieces.

What spurred off this emotional reaction was not only the beautiful songs, but also the album artwork which is a picture done by photographer Samuel Aranda showing a woman, Fatima al-Qaws, holding her son, Zayed, after he was exposed to tear gas in an anti-Government protest, and makes me really empathise with the photo and CC's use of it.

"Oppression is a theme, in general… A lot of bad things have happened to people close to me since II and it's profoundly influenced my writing as I've realized there will never be justice for them. I didn't think I could lose faith in humanity any more than I already had, but after witnessing some things, it feels like the world is a dystopia where victims don't get justice and corruption prevails.” - Alice Glass
So I am very excited to own their amazing music and I literally am bursting at the seams from all of their insaaaane tracks.
 
Kerosene - Crystal Castles
Pale Flesh - Crystal Castles

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your banter! I look forward to reading it!


Piece done by Amy Ross