Monday 1 April 2013

Pandora's Fish Catcher


 
Me pa finally got back yesterday after visiting his family in Malaysia for three weeks. It's nice to have a man back in the house again, and I'm looking forward to going back there in the summer, as it has been years since I last went to see them all. When he came back he not only bought loads and loads of food he also brought back a couple of ornamental fish catchers... I know what you're thinking, because that's what I was thinking when he passed/chucked it over. However I thought 'I'll just put it in my cupboard', it was only like R23-something. But the more I looked at it the more I liked it, and I was getting all of these ideas on what to do with it, so I've hung it up in my room as a 'ceiling piece'. At first I was thinking of tying some bones on it, as I have a few chicken bones in a jar which I kept (don't worry I boiled 'em), but then I remembered I had some tassel trimming in my ribbon box so instead I pinned a bit of that around it, and I even bought some lovely flowers to go inside it. I can't wait for them to dry out and go all junky and frail. I'm pretty pleased with how the polaroid came out as well, 'cause I used my charity shop film and I was really scared I did the wrong angle and wrong everything, but it looks snazz! That's all I did today, as well as go to work, but you don't want to hear about that...
 


1 comment:

  1. Hey I my friends I tell you something can you give me anwer Depending on what you are using the mono and hook may not be the best of quality. Also check carefully after each fish, Big Kings and Coho will nick 50# to the point of an easy break off on the next fish. Have extra hooks rigged to move the fly/ squid that's catching to a fresh set if they become damaged to any extent. Most Captains tie their own rigs to be safe. It's worth learning how. I use 50# Ande Mono and prefer a two hook set-up as indicated. The treble grabs quick and the single will work into a fish jaw better. Also note the spin-N-Glow added in front of the squid this is, at times, deadly for Coho and Lakers.
    Hat Creek Trout Fishing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your banter! I look forward to reading it!


Piece done by Amy Ross