Friday 30 August 2013

First Time


Summer is coming to a close very soon and I am going to miss my days of sitting in the sun and feeling that cool edge of the end to this all. I know I haven't really updated you all on what's been happening, but to be honest it's been a lot of the same thing. Aside from going on holiday a couple of weeks ago I have just been working through my reading list (which unfortunately has not gone as well as planned, however I'm still going to read the books after summer, so 'tis not all bad), drawing in my spare time and sitting with my friends in the park for days on end. A few other events have occurred such as a party, a day trip to Wales and going to a festival, however these are only things which have happened on rare occasions. I am excited to be starting my new art course this Autumn underneath the whole 'ugh school' façade. I do have moments where I am happy to be getting back to a routine and doing art on a very regular basis, however I know I'll just look back with favour at these lazy and non chaotic times.

Still, the day is halfway through and I have not even begun to move around and sort my plans out. I first need to clean up my room a little, research into a couple of things and then head off to see my friends for the afternoon. If you have any free time between now and your start to school/college/Uni/work then I recommend you watch Spirited Away or Howl's Moving Castle as I had an anime sleepover yesterday, and despite being a little groggy when I woke up, I had a fab time experiencing my two favourite Miyazaki films once again. He really is a true genius and even though I have and collected a lot of other Studio Ghibli films, those two (maybe along with Whisper of the Heart) will always be my top ones.

Now in the last spout of excitement Summer Camp will be releasing an album in the next couple of weeks and I am so excited about it. I've already listened to their song Fresh a few times and am loving their new groovy sound, as although they have altered their music slightly they still have that iconic nostalgic disco vibe:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your banter! I look forward to reading it!


Piece done by Amy Ross