Saturday 21 September 2013

Curator of All Things Personal


A little bit of a compilation of all the tings which have happened to me this week. Aside from having post party giddiness (which I have a disposable to get developed from, ooh tres excite) I had a few things which I acquired around this time and they are so beautiful you all must be immersed in their presence. Firstly I went to a friend's party last week, which was also incredibly fun, and for his Eighteenth I was torn between buying him a pipe or giving him something personal of mine. I ended up giving him a cine camera from my collection as a sort of 'good luck for the future' emblem. However in the process I ended up falling for one of the most enchanting pipes which I have ever seen. If you don't already know I am a huge lover of all tings which have some kind of unusual quality and intriguing appearance, so this pipe just literally hit the spot gurl:


Not only is the neck so elegant and curves with grace, the plump rounded body gives it a kind of weight. I can't explain it but both parts compliment each other so well.


The body is decorated with this beautiful design, I'm not sure what of though, perhaps small flakes of 'mother of pearl' or some other kind of material.


The neck is also decorated with these understated floral trains, which seem to be scorched or scraped in. 


For me the best feature which really sold me the whole piece, was the metal cap which was embossed with another floral design.


I think the whole smooth motion of opening the cap and the completely defined appearance just really made me want to cry from the beauty! Despite the fact it is ornately designed all the way through it's able to get away with being so damn flashy as the person who made the pipe did it with such precision. 


In a turn of events I also inherited this little praying 'ivory' Geisha figurine which I can't get over and who proudly kneels on my already cluttered sewing machine. She is charming though isn't she! 


Finally a photo of my friend Lydia who looked so beautiful I just had to capture it. Although she may feel uncomfortable wearing a bow in her hair, I think she looks so classic.
Anyway, my chest is feeling all funky and my stomach is demanding some scran. So I'ma leave cho. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your banter! I look forward to reading it!


Piece done by Amy Ross